Pregnancy is a difficult time but the experience is definitely rewarding. But what to do when your health takes a fall? Some of the following problems might be more recurrent than others. But there is a natural pregnancy remedy for tackling these issues.
One thing to remember though is to never experiment with your health, always consult your doctor before trying anything. It is very easy to misread symptoms, hence consulting the doctor is the safest bet), that being said, let’s get started:
Many pregnant women, in fact 3 out of 4, feel nauseated and often vomit in the morning. This is called morning sickness. It is a recurrent problem that persists until the second trimester, luckily there’s a great deal that can be done in this regard:
- Eat right: avoid overly spicy food and eat stuff that’s easily digestible, i.e. milk, cheese, toast, etc.
- Keep your mind free: try to stay relaxed so that your body also becomes relaxed.
- Hydrate: drink plentiful of water in between meals to stay hydrated and to prevent your stomach from getting full.
- Aromatherapy: the scents of lemons, gingers, etc. are soothing and can help relieve the problem.
Hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the rectal area and needless to say, they become very painful. They are also a common occurrence in pregnancy. Some natural remedies in this regard are:
- Donut shaped pillows: one way of avoiding the pain to is to relieve that area off the pain; rectal donut-shaped pillows are specifically designed for this.
- Fiber: one must consume a healthy amount of fibers to ease the bowel movements. In fact it will also keep the problem from escalating by preventing constipation, which will only make it worse.
- Soaking: Soak that area in warm water for 10-15 minutes daily; specialized tubs are available so that you don’t have to get in and out of the conventional bath tub.
Headaches are usually triggered in pregnancy due to hormonal changes. Although depleted blood-sugar levels and fatigue also play a major part. One obvious thing to do in this regard would be to avoid stressing yourself out and avoiding any other headache triggers. Other than this, it will definitely help if your partner gives you a massage.
Although sickness is not a pleasant feeling but knowing what all of this is worth, makes it bearable. Just remember why you’re going through all of this: to be a mommy