If you are packing for a family vacation, then the following tips will help your packing moving easily and quickly. Packing for a family vacation is not that easy but these tips should help you get over the job.
- Pack the clothes in zip-lock bags – Yes, you should have a zip-lock bag ready for each outfit. Actually, you should put everything that you need for that outfit into that particular zip-lock bag. So if you are carrying 4 outfits for each member of your family (assuming there are 3 members) then you should have a total of 12 zip-lock bags. You can also write on the cover of the bag about the contents.
- Do not share bags – Not this will be difficult to follow but try to avoid sharing the bags as much as possible. It will be very confusing for you in case you do decide to share the zipper bags. The things in the bag will also get disorganized. The couple, though, can share their bags but the kid/s must have their own bags.
- Don’t just pack clothes and toiletries – Many families make the cardinal mistake of focusing only on clothes and toiletries while packing for a family vacation. For example, people often forget to pack in OTC medicines for the kids as they may develop a light fever or diarrhea as they tend to much on everything and anything while on a vacation. You can bring medicines like paracetamol and Tylenol and other medications with you.
- Pack in some playthings for the preschooler – If your child is a preschooler or within 4 years of age then it makes sense to pack in a stuffed toy and small bags that would contain various activity sets to keep him/her busy for long hours. You can pack small things like a set of crayons and pads of paper, animal figures and/or magnetic sketcher.
- Bring the beach specific products – A lot of families go to beaches for a vacation. So if you are planning to go to a beach area then don’t forget to pack a ‘bucket and mug set’, kids safe sunscreen lotion and baby powder. Now the skin tends to get a bit ‘burnt’ in the beach area and parents should not forget to pack the essentials like sunscreen lotions, powders, a large cloth, and some toys to play on the sand.